Office volunteers help with a number of administrative tasks, button-making, blog-writing, and assisting with the day-to-day workings at the SASC. Office volunteers are expected to commit 4 hours a month, which includes a two-hour monthly volunteer meeting. All SASC volunteers have the option to be part of smaller committees which organize either events, film screenings, or assist in creating educational workshops. All SASC are expected to be present at our volunteer orientation training on the evening of Friday, September 21st and from 11-4pm on Saturday, September 22nd and Sunday, September 23rd.
- Current UBC student for the entire academic year
- Passionate about changing campus culture and sexual assault prevention
- Willing to learn more about sexual assault, consent and how they intersect with the university experience
- Keen on raising awareness on campus about sexual assault
- Comfortable working within a team
- Can commit to all training sessions, meetings, and educational opportunities
- Empathetic, non-judgmental and anti-oppressive
- Opportunities to learn more about feminism, anti-oppression, sexual assault, consent and a wide variety of other topics
- Meeting and volunteering with like-minded peers who are also interested in raising awareness about sexual assault
- Team building and self-care activities
- Meals provided at volunteer trainings and meetings
- Volunteer appreciation event
- A letter of reference upon successful completion of the SASC volunteer requirements, provided at the discretion of your supervisor
- Attendance at all of our volunteer meetings and volunteer training opportunities
- Contributing 2 hours of office work per month
- Writing 2 blog posts per semester, which includes original writing and aligns with the SASC’s values and beliefs
- Expectation to participate in one SASC Outreach Worker project
If you are under 19, please have a guardian fill out our Liability Form before your interview.
Please submit your completed application form and your current resume through the application form linked above by 11:59PM, Sept 10th, 2018 – we look forward to hearing from you!