Office volunteers help with a number of administrative tasks, button-making, blog-writing, and assisting with the day-to-day workings at the SASC. Office volunteers are expected to commit 4 hours a month, which includes a two-hour monthly volunteer meeting. All SASC volunteers have the option to be part of smaller committees which organize either events, film screenings, or assist in creating educational workshops. All SASC are expected to be present at our volunteer orientation training and monthly ongoing meetings.
You can read the volunteer application, training, and meetings schedule here. Note: Volunteer meetings will be on Mondays, not Wednesdays.
- Current UBC student.
- Passionate about changing campus culture and sexual assault prevention
- Willing to learn more about sexual assault, consent and how they intersect with the university experience
- Keen on raising awareness on campus about sexual assault
- Comfortable working within a team
- Can commit to all training sessions, meetings, and educational opportunities
- Empathetic, non-judgmental and anti-oppressive
- Opportunities to learn more about feminism, anti-oppression, sexual assault, consent and a wide variety of other topics
- Meeting and volunteering with like-minded peers who are also interested in raising awareness about sexual assault
- Team building and self-care activities
- Meals provided at volunteer trainings and meetings
- Volunteer appreciation event
- A letter of reference upon successful completion of the SASC volunteer requirements, provided at the discretion of your supervisor
- Attendance at all of our volunteer meetings and volunteer training opportunities
- Contributing 2 hours of office work per month
- Optional: Writing for the SASC blog
- Expectation to participate in one SASC Outreach Worker project
Applications are now open!
Please review the information above and apply by clicking here.
Applications will close on September 8th, at 11:59PM.
If you are under 19, please have a guardian fill out our Liability Form before your interview.
For questions, please email email@example.com.