The AMS SASC recognizes that many students who have experienced sexualized violence may be facing exacerbated trauma symptoms, triggers or other stressors related to COVID-19.
In order to increase access to counselling resources, the COVID-19 Counselling Fund is designed to supplement other extended health benefits and provide several additional counselling sessions with a counsellor or psychologist of your choice.
What will the fund cover?
- Up to $125 per session may be granted for up to 3 sessions per student.
- $7500 total is available in this fund and it will be available on a first-come, first served basis, and so we recommend applying after each session with your counsellor.
- Reimbursement will be provided via e-transfer by email or text message.
Who is eligible?
- All UBC students are eligible to apply for reimbursement.
- Students must be able to provide receipts for counselling services with R.Psych, RCC, CCC, or RSW. The receipt should include the fee for the session, the registration of the counsellor or psychologist, and the client name.
- You must be able to receive reimbursement via e-transfer over email or text message.
- Students applying to the fund should exhaust other extended health benefit options first (if it is safe to do so). The AMS SASC recognizes that in some circumstances, using other extended benefit options might be monitored by an abusive family member or partner, and therefore welcomes students to apply to this fund even if you are unable to use other benefit options. If you have concerns about your online activity being monitored, you can reach out to a Support Worker at the SASC to discuss safety planning by calling 604 827 5180. If it is safe for you to use other extended benefit options, we would ask that you use those first in order to make sure the funding available can be distributed to those who need it most.
How do I apply?
- Please complete the form here to submit your application for the COVID-19 Emergency Counselling Fund.
- After your application is submitted, you will receive an email from the SASC confirming that your application has been received. Please note that reviewing applications and reimbursement may take up to 2 weeks to process. If after two weeks you have not received confirmation that your application has been approved, please contact us at 604 827 5180 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the delay processing your application.