Sexual Assault Service is available at UBC Urgent Care Centre at Koerner Pavilion, 2211 Wesbrook Mall during Monday – Sunday from 8 am to 10pm. The SASC is available to accompany anyone accessing the Sexual Assault Service at the Urgent Care Centre
If you are 13 or older, and have been sexually assaulted within the past 7 days, go to the UBC Hospital’s Urgent Care Centre (8:00am-10:00pm, 7 days a week) – Koerner Pavilion, 2211 Wesbrook Mall
- All services are free and confidential.
- No Carecard (MSP) is needed.
- Bring a friend, family member or support person with you to the hospital.
- Interpreters for those who are deaf, or have difficulty with English, are available.
- Patients attending the UBC UCC can call the AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre (604-827-5180) to request a support worker to accompany them
- Female patients may arrange for a Women Against Violence Against Womens (WAVAW) worker to accompany them at VGH. Please call 604-255-6344
The Sexual Assault Service includes:
- assessment and treatment of injuries and sexually transmitted infections
- pregnancy prevention
- forensic sample collection
- medical report for police
- referrals to health, legal, and community-based support services.