Looking for easy and quick ways to de-stress this exam season? Here are a few suggestions:
- Play calming games:
- Headspace: There are options for 2 minutes a day or 10 minutes a day, it’s really up to you and how much time you have. Personally, I’ve felt that even meditating for 2-3 minutes really helps me focus afterwards and refreshes my mind for the rest of the day. Download the app here
- Listen to guided meditation videos or meditation music on YouTube
- Listen to a short podcast/watch a video as a break: Podcasts are a great way to distract yourself temporarily from stressful situations – they may also help to motivate and inspire you.
- Spend some time with a family member or pet: Even if it’s just five minutes, taking a break and talking to someone else can really make a big difference!
- Make a quick snack: Cooking is a great way to relieve stress, even if you’re just making a small bite to eat!
- Go for a walk or a run: It’s the easier way to take a break from working hard, get some fresh air and feel more refreshed for some more studying.
- Write for a few minutes: I find that keeping a journal is helpful for me to organize my thoughts and even writing for just 5 minutes a day about any topic is a great way to de-stress.
These are some tips I have used to get through my busy exam seasons, hopefully some of these might be helpful to you. Good luck with exams!
Self-Care During Exams Season